Saturday, January 24, 2015

My book on using LeJOS with EV3 is now out

A little over a year ago when my wife gave me the Lego Mindstorms EV3 as the most awesome of birthday presents I started tinkering with it in an attempt to use Linux to program it. This led me to discover LeJOS. The subsequent joy of discovery moved me to create this blog and post what I learned about it.

These posts brought me to the attention of Packt publishers who commissioned me to write a book on the subject. That book has now been completed and is available on Amazon (amongst other places): Lego Mindstorms EV3 Essentials

The book is in essence a pedagogically rich instruction manual on how to program the EV3 using both the on-brick visual programming language and using Java by installing LeJOS. The primary focus of the book is using LeJOS while programming on a Linux machine. So if you are a robotics enthusiast who is comfortable with Linux (and really one cannot call themselves an enthusiast of any computer related field if one doesn't learn Linux) then you will love the detailed information this book provides on how to program the EV3 on that great OS. The fact that the EV3 runs Linux itself should be reason enough.

To get an idea of how the book presents its material you need go no further than this blog itself, which is the inception of the book, and the detailed information Packt have provided on their website: Packt Publishers - Lego Mindstorms EV3 Essentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment